Terms and Conditions
Not sure where to start? Use the buttons below to find the relevant terms and conditions based on whether you are a jobseeker (an individual seeking employment) or a recruiter (a company with live roles).
Jobs Board Terms & Conditions, effective from 24 May 2019 (“Effective Date”)
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are between The Prince’s Trust (“The Trust”, “we” or “our”), incorporated by Royal Charter and registered as a charity in England and Wales (registered charity number 1079675) and Scotland (registered charity number SC041198 and you, a company with live roles (the “Recruiter” or “you”) which you wish to advertise on the Prince’s Trust Jobs Board (the “Site”).
- A legally binding contract between The Trust and the Recruiter comprising these Terms shall come into effect when the Recruiter receives purchase confirmation of the Service.
- Our Service
- The Trust will provide a platform which will host Job Ads posted by Recruiters for which Jobseekers may apply for (the “Service”).
- We warrant that the Service will be provided using reasonable care and skill and will use all reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates.
- The Trust does not verify the identity of any Jobseeker and does not know a Jobseeker’s motivation for applying to your Job Ad. The Trust provides no guarantee as to the Jobseeker’s qualifications or interests in your Job Ad.
- We will not carry out any suitability tests on the Jobseeker, including but not limited to, reference and qualification verification checks.
3. Your Obligations
3.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that:
3.1.1 all information provided to The Trust by you is complete and accurate. In the event you provide incorrect contact information, it shall be your responsibility to correct, appropriately respond, or take any steps necessary to protect the privacy of Jobseekers and you indemnify The Trust for any resulting damages;
3.1.2 You co-operate with Us in all matters relating to the Service;
3.1.3 You provide us with information and materials as reasonably requested in order to carry out the Service;
- You comply with all applicable laws; and
- You will deal fairly and professionally with Jobseekers who respond to your Job Ad and will not do anything which may bring The Trust into disrepute.
3.2 You acknowledge that The Trust has no responsibility for any communications between you and the Jobseeker. Those communications are yours and the Jobseeker’s responsibility.
- We do not fall under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003. It is your responsibility to check the identity of the jobseeker and that the jobseeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a jobseeker to take up a position. We have not and will not carry out any suitability tests, including, but not limited to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- If our ability to carry out the Service is delayed or prevented by your failure to comply with your obligations as listed above, we will be entitled to suspend performance of the Service until you remedy your default.
- We will not be responsible for any costs or losses whatsoever sustained by you as a result of your failure to comply with your obligations as listed above.
- Nothing in these Terms grants the Recruiter a licence to use the intellectual property rights of The Trust which includes, but is not limited to, the trademarks or logos of the Prince’s Trust Group. The Recruiter may only use the aforementioned intellectual property rights with express written agreement from The Trust.
- The Recruiter may not publicise their involvement with PT / The Recruiter may only publicise their involvement with PT with express written agreement from PT.
- In the event that you offer a Jobseeker employment and you have any concerns about a Jobseeker during their employment, you will endeavour to contact The Trust in the first instance.
4.1 The Charges are the prices live on the Site at the time of contracting.
4.2 Our Charges are inclusive of VAT (inclusive/exclusive of VAT).
4.3 A job posted on the Site will remain live for 28 days. Once the initial period expires, any extension of time will be charged as a new posting.
4.4 We reserve the right to refuse a Job Ad if it is reasonably deemed to be unsuitable.
4.5 In order to help young people through the Covid-19 crisis, Recruiters can add Job Ads for Covid-19 Roles free of any Charges. The webpage containing Covid-19 Roles contains a link for Recruiters to make a voluntary donation to our Young Person Relief Fund, which will provide further support for young people during this difficult time.
5.1 Payment for Services will be via the payment page for the Site. We use the merchant Stripe. We do not store any credit card information and will not be held liable for the actions of a third party in receipt of that information.
5.2 Payments are non-refundable and there are no refunds for partially used Job Ad allocations.
5.3 Within 2 days receipt of payment confirmation, a Job Ad will go live within 48 hours. You will be notified by email once your Job Ad has gone live on the Site.
- Jobseeker Data
6.2 You may not contact Jobseekers or make use of their information for any purpose other than fulfilling your Job Ad with a suitable Jobseeker.
7.1 We have the right to terminate the Service immediately if:
7.1.1 you commit a material breach of these Terms and (if the breach is capable of remedy) fail to remedy the breach within 5 working days upon receipt of notice;
7.1.2 you fail to pay any amount due under the Services; or
7.1.3 you take any step or action in connection with insolvency, including but not limited to the calling of any meeting of your relevant creditors; the appointment of any receiver, administrator, or administrative receiver over all or any part of your assets or undertaking; the suspension or cessation of your business; any threat to suspend or cease your business; the presentation of a winding-up petition; the convening of a meeting to pass a winding up resolution; entering into liquidation; or the bankruptcy of any of your directors.
The Recruiter will indemnify The Trust in respect of any costs, claims, losses or liabilities whatsoever suffered by The Trust (including reasonable legal costs and disbursements and all consequential losses) as a result of any breach by the Recruiter of any of these Terms, the negligence of the Recruiter in relation to these Terms or in connection with your attendance at the Event.
- Limitation of Liability
- For the avoidance of doubt, The Trust shall not be liable to the Recruiter for any loss or damage (including without limitation direct, indirect and consequential loss, loss of business, loss of income, or loss of surplus/profit) arising in connection with the performance or non-performance by the Recruiter of its obligations pursuant to this Agreement (except in respect of any death or personal injury caused by the negligence of The Trust or its employees acting in the course of their employment).
- Subject to clause 9.1 above, our liability to you under these Terms are capped at the Charges paid by you for the Service.
- Modern Slavery
You agree to comply with all applicable anti-slavery and human trafficking laws, statutes, regulations and codes from time to time in force including, but not limited to, the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to a member of the Prince’s Trust Group.
We may amend these Terms from time to time. Each time you use the Site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply. Please refer to the “Effective from” date at the top of these Terms.
13.1 These Terms are governed by the law of England and Wales.
13.2 Any dispute will first be resolved by direct personal liaison between representatives of The Trust and the Recruiter. If no agreement is reached within 1 month, then the dispute will be heard by an independent mediator to be agreed by both Parties. Neither Party will commence legal proceedings until the mediation procedure has been completed.
Access to and use of this website is provided by The Prince’s Trust (“The Trust”), incorporated by Royal Charter and registered as a charity in England and Wales (registered charity number 1079675) and Scotland (registered charity number SC041198) and is subject to these terms and conditions.
- Creating a User Profile
We may allow you to create a user profile on our website so that each time you visit us we can provide you with a more personalised experience. We may also allow you to subscribe to a particular page of our Site and we may offer you the opportunity to be notified of any changes to that page. We may hold the information you provide us (e.g. when you create a user profile or agree to subscribe to our website) on our databases. By creating a user profile on our website or subscribing to a page of our Site you are agreeing that we may use your personal information in this way. You will have the opportunity to view, update or remove any personal information that you have provided to us by amending your user profile online. You will also have the option to cancel your subscription to our website.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore we cannot guarantee that personal or sensitive information remains confidential during transmission over the Internet. The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us on databases protected through access controls, firewall technology and other appropriate security measures. However, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damage or liability relating to such incidents.
- Links to and from The Prince’s Trust Site
We cannot take any responsibility and make no warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of any other website accessed by hypertext link. We have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
If you click on a link found on our website or on any other website you can check the location bar within your browser to find out whether you have been linked to a different website.
- Donations, Direct Debit and Credit Card Transactions
In order to process donations and other transactions by Direct Debit or Credit Card you will be put through to the website of one of our partner companies, for example Stripe. Credit Card and bank detail information are not retained on our web servers. All of our partner companies who process donations and other transactions use encryption and other security features.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website is accurate at the time of publication, visitors who use this website and rely on any information do so at their own risk. We do not warrant its accuracy and disclaims any liability to any third party anywhere in the world for any injury, damage, loss or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website to the fullest extent permitted at law.
The name The Prince’s Trust and all Prince’s Trust logos, slogans, programme names and designs are the trademarks, service marks, trade names and design rights of The Prince’s Trust and cannot be reproduced without the prior written consent of the Prince’s Trust. Where the names, logos and trademarks of third parties are displayed these are used with the permission of the owners. Copyright in the material contained on this website is owned by Prince’s Trust Trading Limited and/or The Prince’s Trust or its content suppliers or licensors, as applicable.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by The Prince’s Trust or us to use any material displayed. Permission to reproduce any material on this website must be obtained from the copyright holder concerned.
We endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct but does not accept any liability for error or omission.
Any questions regarding this website should be sent to the Legal Adviser.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.