Flux Studios is an innovative, carbon-positive design start-up. Working with various materials from furniture to bicycles, Flux is all about giving a new lease of life to fantastic objects through upcycling. Founder, Dean Byles has been servicing the community of London and the greater area of the UK for over 28 years.
We’re opening a new store to showcase and sell our goods. As such, we’re looking for two passionate, dynamic Retail Assistants to join our team.
This varied role in an exciting start-up will expose the successful candidates to multiple elements of the business.
- Managing the opening and close the store
- Assisting clients, delivering an amazing customer experience
- Completing essential administration tasks and key documentation accurately and efficiently, such as ‘Service Documents’
- Delivering sales & repair assistance to clients
- Potential to develop into management oriented roles as the team quickly grows
- A happy & healthy approach to all aspects of our work
- Attention to detail
- Sustainability – our production line is carbon positive!
- Care of attention
- Pride of ownership
Advantages of working for your company
- Be part of a versatile, exciting industry worth 5.2 billion per annum
- Wellbeing is at the centre of our values. We take an extremely healthy approach towards our working lifestyle
- Dental care (subject to offer of permanent contract)
- Receive a unique, bespoke, Flux issued bicycle – at no charge!
- Join an environmentally conscious company. We’re Carbon Positive and totally focused on sustainability
Preferred Candidate Strengths:
- Flexible – the nature of a start-up means we need a team of people who can remain adaptable
- Eager to learn – this is no ordinary retail job! Working with FLUX will have a huge amount to teach you, we need someone excited to take on new challenges and always try something new
- Confident – This is a customer facing role. The successful candidates will be the applicants that are cool, collected and remain calm under pressure
- Common Sense – This role is likely to be fast-paced and variable. We need someone with good common sense to take on each new challenge that presents itself
25 hours per week. Please note that working hours and days are likely to vary each week and may include weekends.
- preferred candidate strengths Common Sense, Confident, Eager to learn, Flexibility
- Salary (£) £10.50 per hour
- Additional application question 1 Can you give an example of when you've given back to your community?
- Additional application question 2 What does healthy nutrition and wellbeing mean to you?
- Additional application question 3 Can you give an example of when you've kept calm and collected in an emergency?