Established in 2001, Resident Advisor (RA) is an online music magazine and community platform that’s dedicated to showcasing electronic music, artists and events across the globe.
We’re looking for a motivated junior app engineer to join our London based team at RA HQ in an entry-level position. We’re an ambitious team, using the latest industry-standard tools and technologies to create apps for both promoters and ravers.
Our company’s values:
- Our passion is our profession.
- We are independent and we support independence.
- We support local scenes.
- We treat dance music as an art form.
- We champion the values of acceptance that underpin dance music culture.
- We care about the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We choose honesty over gain.
- We’re always front left.
Advantages of working for Our company:
- RA Guide for iOS and Android has over 1.5 million downloads to date. Every week thousands of ravers benefit from our event discovery tools, buying and displaying tickets to attend events. We’re at an exciting point and about to define the next phase of RA apps.
- You will be working in an agile team dedicated to apps, as part of the wider development team.
- You will receive coaching from and work alongside our talented app engineers to help shape and deliver new ideas and influence the technology choices we make.
- You will be responsible for maintaining existing apps, building new features and creating the next generation of RA apps.
- Analytics play a big part in shaping our vision so you will use Firebase to monitor app usage, utilize A/B testing and be on the lookout for crashes.
Preferred candidate’s strengths:
- A passion for great UX / UI is a must and a desire to work with the latest technologies and platforms essential.
- If you have a passion for electronic music and would like to use your development skills to work on apps that make a difference in the industry, then we’d like to hear from you
- Willingness to learn
- The zeal to grow and develop at a fast-pace
- Swift 5 and SwiftUI
- Knowledge of networking, API consumption, GraphQL / Apollo
- Understanding of OOP, POP, functional and SOLID principles
- Design patterns and architecture
- TDD and automated testing
- Understanding of threading
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, GitHub
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Agile, sprint, scrum, JIRA
- Analytics, Firebase
*N.B: As a junior, you are not expected to display expertise in all of these but experience with some will strengthen your application.*
£22,500 per annum
8.30/9.00 – 4.30/5.00 (flexibility)
Link to the full job description:
Number of Vacancies to fill:
- preferred candidate strengths Enthusiasm, Imaginative, Initiative, Passionate, Resilience, Responsible, Self-Improvement, Team player
- Salary (£) See details
- Additional application question 1 What are the last 3 parties/clubs you went to, who was DJing?
- Additional application question 2 What festivals do you plan on attending this summer?
- Additional application question 3 Please post a link to any apps or pages you have coded