East London, North London, South London, West London, Yorkshire and Humberside
Accountable, Attention to details, Can Do Attitude, Cheerful, Commitment, Customer focused, Delivering at Pace, Desire to learn, Motivated, Open, Work under pressure
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity, disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
Responsibility by opportunity:
1. Retail and Foodservice Assistant
- To deliver and maintain the highest standards of customer service in the café bar.
- To be responsible for the taking of monies, cashing up and floats and use automated till.
- To fill in appropriate paperwork and cashing up of tills at the beginning and end of each shift.
- To assist/complete routine stock counting, stock take, layouts, restocking and promotion set up.
- To be fully conversant with stock rotation principles. To rotate all stock and ensure that no out of date stock is on shelves.
- To clean cooking equipment, shelving, refrigeration and counters as needed to ensure that the cafe is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness at all times.
- To manage incoming deliveries and ensure all correct stock is received and appropriately stored.
- Be responsible for checking delivery notes when appropriate.
2. Domestic Assistant
- Providing a cleaning service in a residential healthcare environment
- Maintaining the general cleanliness designated areas
- Bed making and linen management
- Washing linen
- Ironing, and tasks of a similar nature
3. Cleaning operatives
- Providing the highest level of housekeeping service within your area of responsibility in line with the clients’ specifications
- Responding positively, politely and promptly to all customer requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Providing a range of general cleaning services to include offices/meeting rooms, toilets/showers, laboratories and amenity areas site wide
- Ensuring all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility
- Making yourself familiar with and follow all company procedures and regulations
- Participating in the Health and Safety Policy of the company and report any dangers, near misses or hazards you encounter to your Coordinator/Line Manager
- All offices, toilets, laboratories and amenity areas to be presented in a clean and tidy
- Transfer patients in a safe and appropriate manner to and from the wards and departments via means of walking, wheelchair, trolley, or beds
- Attend medical emergencies including cardiac arrests with the resus trolley / bag
- Ensure wheelchairs and trolleys are kept clean to minimise the risks of infection to patients and staff, in line with the Infection Control Policy
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Porters lodge at all times
- Ensure the cleanliness of the waste areas at all times
- Undertake any other necessary duties to ensure the maintenance of an efficient Portering Service as directed by your duty manager or helpdesk dispatcher
- Work with a diverse and worldwide extended community
- We care for each worker’s quality of life
- We live Diversity and Inclusion
- Good communications skills
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High-level performer
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous work experience in customer service employment
***PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH GET HIRED JOBS***
Send CV to Greg.Austin@sodexo.com indicating the job role of choice. More information here
*** Warning and Disclaimer: Although this role is advertised on our jobs board it is from an employer that is not part of The Prince’s Trust and so you will need to apply externally***
We need to tell you – we have not checked out the job and don’t know whether the role is right for you. So we can’t endorse the advert or the job or know if you are making a good choice. You should think about any risks there are, ask any questions, and if you proceed with the application, you must realise and accept that it is up to you to make the choice and to be responsible if there are any further consequences.
If you have any questions or problems with applying please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
- preferred candidate strengths Approachable, Collaboration, Confident, Detail Orientation, Enthusiasm, Initiative, Leadership
- Salary (£) £10 ph