We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Event Coordinator to work closely with the Event Manager, F&B Manager and Duty Managers assisting in a wide variety of coordination, administrative and hands-on duties.
The successful candidates will have at least 2 years’ experience in the retail, leisure or entertainment sectors working in the Events Team. Working knowledge of venue and event management is key, as is working with clients and large teams in a customer service environment. Local knowledge is highly desirable.
The venue is known for hosting a diverse range of events including a lot of live music, quiz nights and comedy, as well as private party hires, corporate events and film premiere receptions. The role has a focus on the coordination of private functions, parties and hires, but also will also help the smooth running of activity in all of these departments, so the applicant must be open and keen to learn in all of these fields.
Please note there is a requirement to work 40 hours per week over any of the seven days with some shifts being at evenings and weekends.
We offer an hourly rate of £9.60 plus bonus opportunities and the Picturehouse staff package.
The Event Coordinator is based at Ritzy Picturehouse, Brixton Oval, Coldharbour Ln, London, SW2 1JG
- Replying to, sorting and forwarding emails for private hire enquiries, band press-packs and booking enquiries
- Handling private hires for bar and cinema, start to finish; from the initial response, meetings, completion of function sheets, organization of catering, invoices, payment and hands on coordination/management
- Liaising with bands/event promoters to exchange information for marketing and logistics
- Info/questions to F&B team, management team, marketing team, HR and head office
- Updating online calendar with all event information and hire enquiries/confirmations for managers/team
- preferred candidate strengths Common Sense, Reliable, Resilience, Responsible
- Salary (£) £9.60 per hour
- Additional application question 1 Of these achievements, which will help you most in this role and how?
- Additional application question 2 If you are successful in the role, how will you positively impact the business?
- Additional application question 3 Is there anything else you would like to share that may impact your application?